Sunday, May 30, 2010

Wow, another month gone

Here it is, 30 April 2010. I missed the Indy 500 on TV today. It's not that the 500 is my favorite sporting event, but since I went to the Indy 500 in May 2007 I have not missed watching the race the last 3 years. Open wheel racing is the best.
This month has been memorable. First the house, Donna and I never thought we would own again. Our thought was Hunter's Woods would be our last move. It is so nice to be in our own place. Still more work than I care to think about, but it is our home and over time it will look and feel like our home (the garage drives me nuts).
Second was the news about the job hunt. Same government agency, same department, just about the same everything, just a different supervisor who reports to my previous boss. Start date is 21 June and maybe even a 3 day weekend in the first pay period.
The third thing and most difficult in nearly 21 years was my Mom's passing away. I had only one wish for her since she moved here 13 months ago, that wish came true on May 18th. She is no longer trapped in that body that had served her well for over 85 years. Mom would have been 89 years old on May 28th, 2010.
The fourth, we bought a 13 foot travel trailer. Sleeps 2, has a stove, a furnace, all lights work and the refrigerator cools but does not keep things cold (but that is what ice chests, ice and dry ice are for). We pick it up Tuesday. Oh it is a 1977, we are so excited.

No comments: