Monday, March 16, 2009

The Visit

The last full week of February was and is still vivid in my mind. Paul and Kris went to Puerto V Mexico for 5 or 6 days. Donna and I had a great opportunity to watch Kale and Alivia. While filled with challenges it was also filled with great joy. The kids are very active and as each day came and went more and more enjoyable. I think a lot of it is due to how little Donna and I get to see the two of them. Kale knew who I was from my time in Indy and getting to go to Des Moines on a somewhat regular basis. It would take a couple of hours for him to warm up but he did realize that I was someone he knew. While the two of them are very close they each have a mind of their own and know what they want. For me the three days I took off as vacation were more than worth the experience of being with them. I even changed a diaper, something I have not done since my our last child finally started going all the time in a toilet.
To Kris and Paul, thanks for the opportunity of watching and taking care of two of your children. It will always be a cherished time in my life.

No comments: